Friday, October 28, 2016

Big Data, deep learning, neural networks. Blimey, now I'm confused!

Yesterday I went to the BI-Podium Event 'De achterkant van Big Data' in Amersfoort.
A great event with fascinating presentations about big data, technology and even ethics.

Many Dutch companies in data science like Big Data Lab, Xomnia and Many2More were present.
Also a great endnote by Donna Burbank, which was a great boost for starting data scientists.
Awesome to see there are a lot of Dutch Big Data enthousiasts and there was enough time for networking.
Thank you Visser & Van baars Recruitment for this opportunity.

As a data scientist with a bio-informatics and software testing (also lots of analysis) background I was able to follow the presentations.
A lot of terms were not new for me, but is that also true for my fellow SaaS enthusiasts from my TestingSaaS-community?
I  already wondered why big data terms like deep learning, neural networks, machine learning etc.are mostly explained from a marketing (too easy) or development (too technical) viewpoint?
Luckiliy, this was not the case at this BI-Podium Event.

So, I got the idea for a blog series on explaining these big data terms in a straight forward way without the marketing and technical phrases.
This way I want to help new big data enthusiasts not too get scared of all these terms, but give them a starting point to explore this new sexy discipline data science.

That's why I founded TestingSaaS, to explain the world of SaaS in a straightforward way.

Stay tuned for my blog series on Big Data as-it-is!






No comments: